Note: This position is no longer available.
Code for Pakistan (CfP) is looking for a Community Lead who will primarily lead our annual flagship activity Hackathon. The Community Lead shall be able to drive the end to end Hackathon activities, which involve planning, designing, communicating and executing the Hackathon.
The Community Lead will be based in Islamabad and will be communicating mostly with our sponsors, partners, management and volunteer team, vendors and the resources who will help us with on ground activities mostly based in Islamabad. The position requires limited travel; however, this is not a desk based job and we expect the Lead to be in the field managing these stakeholders at least 6 hours a day.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have prior experience of managing events – medium or large scale where the audience size is at least 200.
- Draft and devise plan for the Hackathon project, introduce activity calendar with close collaboration with other team members and volunteers, and follow the timelines.
- Should be able to draft key concepts or proposals for sponsors and partners.
- Single handedly manage queries from multiple stakeholders during the course of project.
- Manage the social media team, help them designing content, deciding the frequency of postings and follow the directives from stakeholders.
- Manage the Event logistics that require taking care of the minor details at venue, arranging food supplies, branding collateral (print and electronic), registrations and guest management, dealing with vendors in close collaboration with volunteers.
- Lead the Registration drive – send mail and SMS campaigns, set up registration forms, keep track on daily basis, assist with the shortlisting process, and call participants before the event.
- Assist with preparing the mentor pools, bringing judges on board — identify quality and relevant guests from Government and civic friendly partners, communicate over email with them for their availability, and streamlining arrangements.
- Prepare the evaluation criteria in close collaboration with our management and sponsors.
- Assist with developing and updating optimized content online and offline in general brochures, press kits, facts sheets, key messages, and other collateral material depending on the Hackathon needs.
- Create a Hackathon post mortem report after the event which should capture impact of the project in terms of participation and outreach.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors/Master degree in Marketing or Communication Sciences preferably with 2 – 3 years of experience
- A quick learner with willing to do new experiments and learn from it.
- A resourceful person who is flexible and able to coordinate with team following different work timings and engage them.
- Strong team player
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills and cultural and political sensitivity.
- Ability to create and maintain a level of effective output; capacity to work hard.
- Proficient in Excel, Asana, Trello, and/or any other tool to manage day to day tasks