Code for Pakistan is working with KPITB and the World Bank to set up Pakistan’s first Digital Services Unit (DSU) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(KP). KP’s Digital Services Unit is to lead the province of KP into the digital age with a focus on improving digital service design and delivery, and citizen-facing services. Under the general administrative direction of the Chief Digital Transformation Officer (CDTO), the User research and UX design specialist will plan and conduct user research, analyze data, and propose unique user-friendly experiences for the services designed and developed in the Digital Transformation Lab (DTL), run and managed by Code for Pakistan, under the KP Digital Services Unit.
The Digital Transformation Lab will partner with government departments to modernize digital services across the province. The goal of the DTL is to transform citizen-facing services that are more responsive to citizens’ needs. By leveraging technology and digital tools that are most suitable to solve a given problem, the DTL will keep citizen needs at the center of service design and delivery.
The User research and UX design specialist will be primarily responsible for performing in-depth research, creating user flows, user personas, site architecture, and design reviews. Using user-centered design the user research and UX design specialist will also be conducting usability evaluations at various stages of product development
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Design user experiments and conduct user research to examine and understand user’s needs, and collect/analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Generate scenarios and use cases to build information architecture and conceive creative ideas and solutions.
- Communicate with different teams and individuals, including managers, product owners, software engineers to define product user interface specifications.
- Create user interface design specification documents.
- Execute various research strategies outlined in the project’s scope of work and product discovery and usability reports.
- Lead workshops, ideation sessions, and design reviews as needed, strategically incorporating feedback into the next steps.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognized university in Arts, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Product design or a closely related field; AND two (2) years of demonstrable, practical and progressive UX/UI design experience working with digital products and responsive web apps.
- Have a holistic understanding of product design (including research, graphic design, experience design, and business strategies).
- Understanding of the web and mobile development process and common agile methodologies.
- Past experience with holistic design practices (e.g. user personas, sitemaps, user flows, visual hierarchy, wireframes, interactive prototypes, style guides, user testing plans, production-ready UI), often working within global branding standards/guides.
- Experience in user testing, testing plans, and research methodologies.
- Proficient in Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Agile software (e.g. JIRA) and familiar with prototyping tools.
- Understand visual design systems and have the ability to design interfaces if needed.
To apply please send your cover letter & resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.