It takes a village to implement a civic hackathon, and we couldn’t have done it without our amazing partners, sponsors, mentors, judges, and volunteers! We’d like to express our deepest gratitude to all our partners and sponsors who supported us in making the Lahore Civic Hackathon 2014 a successful event:
- LUMS’ Technology for the People Initiative, for hosting the event at LUMS, providing mentorship to the project teams, and helping with all the logistics that go with being an event host
- Pakistan Software Houses Association (P@SHA) for being our wonderful partner, for arranging the bloggers and volunteers, and spreading the word
- Arbisoft, for being the first sponsor of the event, dedicating time Judging the pitches at the event, and providing project mentorship beyond the event
- The AppJuice, for being our media partners who did live coverage of the event with their detailed write-ups and beautiful photos
- InfoTech, for being a Platinum sponsor, and enabling us to feed the hungry participants!
- Mozilla and PlumGrid for their sponsorship, and for contributing to the event with a Firefox OS App Development workshop by Fawad Hassan
- Convo and Vopium for supporting the event by being sponsors
- Pring, for being wonderful partners, providing their SMS API, mentoring teams, and teaching hands-on workshops at the event
- Elance, for presenting Elance credit for the winning team
- Invest2Innovate for offering support by fast-tracking the winning teams to the semi-final stage in I2I’s accelerator application process
- BSolutions for creating the website, event pages, and setting up all the social media
- And a big thank you to all our volunteers, led by Khaqan Mukhtar, Sabah Ul Ghani, and Usman Younas, and our amazing mentors and judges, who dedicated a lot of time over the weekend to the project teams
Your partnership and sponsorship means so much to us and enables us to do good work. Thank you for your support! We look forward to continued collaboration in the future.