UPDATE: This position is no longer open. We have shortlisted potential candidates who are to be interviewed.
Code for Pakistan is looking for a Storyteller who can create exciting content for CfP’s website, digital social media platforms and blogs. For this role:
- Must have a Bachelors or Masters degree in one of the following: English Literature, Linguistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Public administration, Mass Communications and/or Journalism with prior experience and strong interest in communication science, technology, and innovation.
- Must have at least a four years Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of working experience or a Masters degree with 1-2 years of experience, preferably within a media organization (print or electronic, or both).
- Has the ability of researching, developing and delivering content pertaining to civic innovation and tech industry as well as Code for Pakistan’s engagement.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Has the understanding of storytelling fundamentals (newsworthiness – what makes a story interesting from the audience’s’ perspective).
- Experienced in creating visual, audio and video content on-air and on all digital platforms that generate interest of the target audience and tell compelling stories.
- Expertise with online platforms: content management system for web and digital social media e.g Facebook, Twitter, Linked in , youtube etc.
- To attend CfP meetings, participate in discussions for developing core understanding of organisation’s pragmatic programs and advocacy objectives and suggest story ideas
- Strong team player.
- Fact checking, proactive mindset and creativity.
- Delivering content on short-time notice.
- The ability to travel within city and outside depending on the requirement.
- Has keen interest in learning technology.