Note: This position is no longer available.
Code for Pakistan is a civic innovation platform made up of a passionate community of talented professionals in Pakistan and the US, driven by a strong belief in civic innovation and social impact that can move Pakistan forward in measurable and meaningful ways. We are a non-profit building a non-partisan civic innovation ecosystem with the belief that digital technology, when used correctly, can both improve governance and open new channels for citizens to more meaningfully engage in the public sphere and have a positive impact on their communities.
One of our core programs is the KP Government Innovation Fellowship Program, which strives to innovate in government service delivery and enable the government to meet citizens where they are. Through the Program, we strive to improve citizens’ lives and bridge the gap between citizens and the government by building trust in government services and institutions. The Fellowship Program is run in partnership with the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Technology Board (KPITB) and The World Bank Group (Peshawar) and has just completed its 4th cycle. In addition to the Fellowship Program, Code for Pakistan runs 4 Civic Innovation Labs, consisting of volunteers who collaborate with local government as well as non-profits to help them innovate and create civic solutions that strengthen the community. In addition, Code for Pakistan has also successfully completed 6 Civic Hackathons (Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad), which have led to startups like Savaree. These events spark civic engagement, bringing together software designers, developers and community organizers to solve communities’ needs by leveraging technology.
We are looking for an excellent Marketing and Outreach Lead for our KP Government Innovation Fellowship Program. We seek a proactive, highly motivated professional marketer who can increase the prestige of the Fellowship Program by creating awareness of the Program and its impact amongst key stakeholders and the community at large. The individual should be as excited about the future of Pakistan as we are and should embody the spirit of openness, collaboration, courtesy and transparency that form the very core of CfP’s values.
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), high energy, paid leadership position, ideally based in Peshawar.
The ideal candidate is a brilliant, fearless and passionate leader who is uncompromising in his or her quest to create a positive impact in the daily lives of citizens.
As the Marketing and Outreach Lead, you will:
- Plan and execute a range of strategic marketing initiatives like storytelling, online campaigns, brochures, signs, press releases, and other visual and editorial material that will create awareness around the Program and its Fellows, with the ultimate goal of building the Program’s brand and prestige.
- Help drive the Program’s outreach through a range of tools such as news items, press releases, storytelling, event management, and social media activity.
- Help organize events for the Fellowship, alumni affairs, and Peshawar Civic Innovation Lab
- Conduct market research and understand the applications developed under the KP Government Innovation Fellowship Program and their target audiences in order to create effective marketing campaigns.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Fellowship Management Team, present progress reports, and analyze the results of completed initiatives.
- Build relationships with key media contacts, and work with the press to create PR for the work the Fellows are doing.
- Build relationships with existing and new Fellows and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Strong creative outlook
- Solid analytical and project management skills
- Ability to see the macro view while also being very detailed-focused
- Knowledge of cross channel and cross-platform tools
- Story-telling skills, both written and oral
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Other detailed responsibilities will be discussed in the interview process.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this position at Code for Pakistan, along with your resume, at firstname.lastname@example.org.