Code for Pakistan is working with KPITB and the World Bank to set up Pakistan’s first Digital Services Unit (DSU) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(KP). KP’s Digital Services Unit is to lead the province of KP into the digital age with a focus on improving digital service design and delivery, and citizen-facing services. Under the general administrative direction of the Chief Digital Transformation Officer (CDTO) and the Senior Software Engineer, the Software Engineer will be developing functional applications based on requirements in the Digital Transformation Lab (DTL), run and managed by Code for Pakistan, under the KP Digital Services Unit.
The Digital Transformation Lab will partner with government departments to modernize digital services across the province. The goal of the DTL is to transform citizen-facing services that are more responsive to citizens’ needs. By leveraging technology and digital tools that are most suitable to solve a given problem, the DTL will keep citizen needs at the center of service design and delivery.
The Software Engineer will be primarily responsible to participate in the design process, gathering requirements with other developers, developing product features, services, APIs, and user interfaces under the Digital Transformation Lab (DTL).
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzing software requirements to determine the feasibility of design within the time constraint.
- Develop and maintain all levels of product functionality: front-end to business logic, back-end to database.
- Experience in building and consuming RESTful APIs, micro-services. Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, CORS, JWT, etc.).
- Participating in peer code reviews, pair programming, and other peer-to-peer learning opportunities as part of the Agile sprint team.
- Contribute to application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, usability, and performance.
- Regularly pushing updates and new features to a testing server.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognized university in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a closely related field; AND two (2) years of demonstrable, practical and progressive experience, in public or private sector, of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes which deliver service improvements for customers.
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Preferable experience in either web development (LAMP, MEAN, MERN stack, etc) or cross-platform mobile development (Native Android & iOS, React Native, etc).
- Writes codes that meet standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.
- Very strong analysis, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.