Code for Pakistan is working with KPITB and the World Bank to set up Pakistan’s first Digital Services Unit (DSU) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(KP). KP’s Digital Services Unit is to lead the province of KP into the digital age with a focus on improving digital service design and delivery, and citizen-facing services. Under the general administrative direction of the Chief Digital Transformation Officer (CDTO) and the Senior Software Engineer, the Software Maintenance Engineer will be testing and maintaining functional applications based on requirements in the Digital Transformation Lab (DTL), run and managed by Code for Pakistan, under the KP Digital Services Unit.
The Digital Transformation Lab will partner with government departments to modernize digital services across the province. The goal of the DTL is to transform citizen-facing services that are more responsive to citizens’ needs. By leveraging technology and digital tools that are most suitable to solve a given problem, the DTL will keep citizen needs at the center of service design and delivery.
The Software Maintenance Engineer will be primarily responsible for creating, implementing, and executing test plans and cases in an agile environment and supporting the team by reviewing requirements and providing feedback.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Define product acceptance criteria with DTO and software development team.
- Manage the test process by creating guidelines and best practices in areas such as test plan and test case creation, test tracking and defect management.
- Supporting the Software development team in maintaining the code quality and providing software development support wherever required.
- Ensure all internally developed software applications are thoroughly tested, and the results are documented and communicated to the software team.
- Provide usability feedback to the software team on end-user facing applications.
- Participating in peer code reviews, pair programming, and other peer-to-peer learning opportunities as part of the Agile sprint team.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognized university in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a closely related field; AND two (2) years of demonstrable, practical and progressive experience, in public or private sector, of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes which deliver service improvements for customers.
- Familiarity with modern web software design, architecture patterns, database technologies, APIs and RESTful services.
- Ability to work with project cycles and in various technical architectures and codebases.
- Experience with modern web testing methodology/practice using tools such as Selenium, PhantomJS, FitNesse, Cucumber, SpecFlow, etc.
- Experience working within public/private cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of cross-platform/ browser compatibility issues for dynamic web applications.
To apply please send your cover letter & resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.