The Senior Software Engineer will be primarily responsible to make design decisions, developing complex architectures and maintaining features that support the technical and product strategy being developed under the Digital Transformation Lab (DTL).
Major functions of this position include:
- Work with various stakeholders and end-users, customers, engineering, and design to lead product discovery and document detailed requirements.
- Present product concepts, strategies, designs, and new releases to small and large groups and to senior executives.
- Ensure feature development and other software development efficiently align with the product strategy and vision.
- Architecting complex custom software solutions, performing technical reviews and ensuring high standards of code quality.
- Assisting developers with particularly challenging coding problems.
- Sprint planning, running daily stand-ups and helping estimate sprints, projects, delivery milestones, etc.
- Enforcing technical best practices.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognized university in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science or a closely related field; AND four (4) years of demonstrable, practical and progressive experience at a senior level, in public or private sector, of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes which deliver service improvements for customers which must include 2 years experience supervising professionals.
- Advanced understanding of a wide breadth of software and database development technologies and the ability to design, develop, debug in all tiers of complex applications and maintaining them at scale.
- Proven experience in either web development (LAMP, MEAN, MERN stack, etc) or cross-platform mobile development (Native Android & iOS, React Native, etc).
- Experience of software designing and developing web and enterprise applications
- Experience in building and consuming RESTful APIs, micro-services. Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, CORS, JWT, etc.).
- Experience in mature agile, automated environments w/ Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
To apply please send your cover letter & resume at email@example.com and mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.