The User research and UX design specialist will be primarily responsible for performing in-depth research, creating user flows, user personas, site architecture, and design reviews. Using user-centered design the user research and UX design specialist will also be conducting usability evaluations at various stages of product development.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Design user experiments and conduct user research to examine and understand user’s needs, and collect/analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Generate scenarios and use cases to build information architecture and conceive creative ideas and solutions.
- Communicate with different teams and individuals, including managers, product owners, software engineers to define product user interface specifications.
- Create user interface design specification documents.
- Execute various research strategies outlined in the project’s scope of work and product discovery and usability reports.
- Lead workshops, ideation sessions, and design reviews as needed, strategically incorporating feedback into the next steps.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognized university in Arts, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Product design or a closely related field; AND two (2) years of demonstrable, practical and progressive UX/UI design experience working with digital products and responsive web apps.
- Have a holistic understanding of product design (including research, graphic design, experience design, and business strategies).
- Understanding of the web and mobile development process and common agile methodologies.
- Past experience with holistic design practices (e.g. user personas, sitemaps, user flows, visual hierarchy, wireframes, interactive prototypes, style guides, user testing plans, production-ready UI), often working within global branding standards/guides.
- Experience in user testing, testing plans, and research methodologies.
- Proficient in Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Agile software (e.g. JIRA) and familiar with prototyping tools.
- Understand visual design systems and have the ability to design interfaces if needed.
To apply please send your cover letter & resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.