Code for Pakistan (CfP) is looking for a proactive, visionary, and driven professional who can help the organization achieve its goals for storytelling, recognition, and growth in accordance with its vision and mission. The objective is to raise public consciousness about government innovation and civic technology and elevate our storytelling to the next horizon, locally and globally.
This individual’s responsibilities will include enhancing the market presence and prestige of Code for Pakistan and its work by building a strategic narrative amongst key stakeholders and the community at large.
The ideal candidate is an out-of-the-box thinker and is able to translate this thinking into brand new and creative ways to tell CfP’s story, communicate CfP’s vision and ethos, implement new marketing strategies and platforms, and effectively engage key stakeholders.
The individual should be as excited about the future of Pakistan as we are and should embody the spirit of openness, collaboration, courtesy, and transparency that form the very core of CfP’s values.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) paid position, ideally based in Islamabad. The Strategic Marketing Lead will:
- Envision and conceive of new areas, channels, and forums for storytelling
- Envision new strategies and avenues to engage government change agents, civic innovators, and other key stakeholders/audiences
- Conceive of different approaches to establish CfP as a thought leader in civic innovation and civic tech
- Build relationships with key media contacts and work with the press to create awareness about CfP’s work and about civic tech and civic innovation in general
- Provide editorial direction for strategic content creation on CfP’s website and social media channels, as well as through print and digital media, television, radio, and events
- Drive CfP’s outreach and stakeholder engagement through a range of tools such as news items, press releases, storytelling, features, events, newsletters, and social media activity
- Track and analyze data and insights from all marketing and communication channels, to better understand our audience, and optimize content, messaging, and channels accordingly
- Steward editorial calendar for social media, newsletters, events, and website content
- Ensure that CfP’s messaging is clear, consistent, and impactful across all channels and media
- Professional history of conceiving and executing similar campaigns
- Strong creative outlook in coming up with innovative strategies
- Solid analytical and project management skills
- Ability to see the macro view while also being very detailed-focused
- Knowledge of cross-channel and cross-platform tools
- Ability to work within a team
- Storytelling skills, both written and oral
- Strong writing skills and eye for design
- Experience in, and a strong hunger for, Growth Marketing
- Demonstrated experience managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc)
- Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, (Digital) Marketing, or related field
Other detailed responsibilities will be discussed in the interview process.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this position at Code for Pakistan, along with your resume, to email@example.com.
About Code for Pakistan
Code for Pakistan is a civic innovation platform made up of a passionate community of talented professionals in Pakistan and the US. We are committed to increasing civic engagement, supporting responsive citizen-centered government, encouraging the opening of government data, and promoting innovation in the public sector. We’re passionate, agile, and growing. Code for Pakistan is also a member of the global Code for All network.