Code for Pakistan is a civic innovation platform made up of a passionate community of talented professionals and students in Pakistan and the US, driven by a strong belief in civic innovation and social impact that can move Pakistan forward in measurable and meaningful ways. Code for Pakistan has successfully implemented 6 cycles of its flagship Civic Innovation Fellowship Program. Currently, we are running 2 Fellowship Programs and a Women’s Civic Internship Program as well as several civic engagement events such as Civic Hackathons (in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad), which have led to startups like Savaree. Code for Pakistan is an official partner and active member of the International Code for All network.
Think about your last time stuck in traffic, or getting your National ID Card renewed….Ever had to go to the police station? Visited a ghost government school? What about spending untold hours with no electricity thanks to load-shedding?
No one wants to spend countless hours in traffic or wait in that interminable CNG line. Or pretty much have anything to do with public services, if they can help it. What if interacting with public services wasn’t so painful? What if every trip was a positive, easy experience?
Enter the world of civic hacking. The good kind of hacking. It’s the empowerment of citizens to create solutions themselves. It’s the opportunity to improve civic services that impact millions of lives. And it goes hand-in-hand with Government 2.0.
Description of Role
This is a critical, high-energy role to lead CfP’s core value function; Product Management. The key objectives of this role are:
- To design and develop high-impact and scalable products for Code for Pakistan, our Government partners, as well as our other like-minded public, private and nonprofit partners, while ensuring that the products are well aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- To strategize with the CfP leadership team to select our key products for scaling.
The ideal candidate is an organized DOER – brilliant, fearless, and a passionate leader who is uncompromising in his or her pursuit of building a world-class platform that will positively affect the lives of Pakistanis every day.
As the Product Manager you will:
- Manage products throughout their lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product features and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products.
- Lead, define, represent, and communicate product strategy and vision to all stakeholders while communicating effectively on product features, acting as the main point of contact for any inquiries.
- Conduct enhanced market research and competitor analysis, turn those into conclusions and drive action items respectfully.
- Help contribute to creating a compelling vision, mission, and roadmap for our product portfolio that energizes and builds momentum within the teams.
- Clarify requirements from business stakeholders and validate them against user needs and tech effort, including company goals (write product/business requirement documents, etc.
- Gather and use quantitative and qualitative data, create hypotheses, and make informed product decisions, testing assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
- Conduct user research via user interviews and perform user lab testing to synthesize insights and feedback and disseminate that knowledge into the tech teams, building better products.
- Possess customer empathy and a curiosity mindset. Define customer value propositions based on personas or market segments (design thinking approach).
- Collaborate with the engineers and designers, and other colleagues sharing knowledge on product developments and issues, to discuss and implement effective solutions for the team.
- Perform A/B testing working with engineers and designers, and other colleagues to validate and iterate on product increments that demonstrate customer and business value.
- Strong communication skills: Able to meet with government, private sector, non-profit, and community leadership — and make a good pitch.
- Self-directed: Able to make decisions on your own, to proactively drive products forward.
- Self-motivated: You set your own targets and follow up with others to ensure their targets are met.
- Solid organization skills: You create processes and document *everything*.
- Impact-driven: You have a strong desire and passion to make an impact in Pakistani society.
- You get things done and have consistently proven so. You’re an entrepreneurial startup kind of person who can wear multiple hats.
- You can shape organizational processes, manage and motivate volunteers, and create accountability.
- Tech-savvy: You have a demonstrated interest and experience in the application of technology for solving real-world problems, though you don’t need to be technical yourself.
- Proactive and focused: You’re the kind of person who, once you say you will do something, you will do it on time and well – and no one needs to follow up to remind you.
Experience and Qualification
- A minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience (creating strategic product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving product strategy, driving product research and development from concept to launch, and leading and working with cross-functional teams).
- Experience driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions. Familiarity or experience with design thinking processes.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes (e.g. sprints, kanban, etc.).
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analyzing, reporting, and efficiently responding to quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and executive management.
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies to create outstanding user experiences with the help of UX or product designers.
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is a bonus.
- Not essential, but additional credit for experience in conceptualizing B2C civic tech or e-government products/solutions and successfully scaling them in the market to capture business value.
- Educated to MSc level (16 years of academics). A degree in a STEM field is a bonus but is not compulsory.
How to Apply
Please apply with:
- A cover letter that explains your interest in the role and your ideas for furthering Code for Pakistan,
- your resume, or
- a link to your LinkedIn profile
by emailing: email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: 28th Feb, 2022