Code for Pakistan is a civic innovation platform made up of a passionate community of talented professionals and students in Pakistan and the US, driven by a strong belief in civic innovation and social impact that can move Pakistan forward in measurable and meaningful ways. Code for Pakistan has successfully implemented 6 cycles of its flagship Civic Innovation Fellowship Program. Currently, we are running 2 Fellowship Programs and a Women’s Civic Internship Program as well as several civic engagement events such as Civic Hackathons (in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad), which have led to startups like Savaree. Code for Pakistan is an official partner and active member of the international Code for All network.
Think about your last time stuck in traffic, or getting your National ID Card renewed….Ever had to go to the police station? Visited a ghost government school? What about spending untold hours with no electricity thanks to load-shedding?
No one wants to spend countless hours in traffic or wait in that interminable CNG line. Or pretty much have anything to do with public services, if they can help it. What if interacting with public services wasn’t so painful? What if every trip was a positive, easy experience?
Enter the world of civic hacking. The good kind of hacking. It’s the empowerment of citizens to create solutions themselves. It’s the opportunity to improve civic services that impact millions of lives. And it goes hand-in-hand with Government 2.0.
Description of Role
This is a high energy role to lead CfP’s flagship Fellowship Program conducted in collaboration with government partners.
The ideal candidate is an organized DOER – brilliant, fearless, and a passionate leader who is uncompromising in his or her pursuit of building a world-class platform that will positively affect the lives of Pakistanis every day.
As the Director of Fellowships you will:
- Harness the power of people and technology to create and build a stronger government that empowers all its citizens to become valuable contributing members of society.
- Work closely with the Country Head and VP of Fellowships to develop and implement growth strategy for the fellowship program.
- Review and adapt existing policies, workflows and processes for the program suited to different geographic, social, and political contexts.
- Have tremendous social impact on the lives of your fellow citizens by rigorously selecting problem statements, driving effective user research and supervising, tracking and documenting robust project plans and impact data to ensure our solutions can work towards transforming citizens’ lives.
- Work closely with the M&E lead to develop systems to track and report on key program metrics including growth, participation levels, Fellows satisfaction, and program
- Work closely with the communications team to craft messaging and branding for the program as well as to develop content and stories for newsletters, website, press releases, blogs, slide decks, and other collateral related to the Fellowship Program.
- Ensure transparent, frequent, and effective internal and external communication by keeping colleagues, the leadership team, and program partners updated about program progress.
- Oversee and ensure the success of Fellowship related events, including launches, demo days, and graduation ceremonies.
- Write proposals, reports and playbooks to grow and track impact of the Fellowship Program.
- Recruit, grow, and manage team members as well as provide high level supervision to Fellows, ensuring smooth team management.
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and collect regular feedback from Fellows to ensure satisfaction and growth.
- Provide support to the team in the recruitment of Fellows and problem statements.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including government, donors, partner organizations, academia, and mentors to create collective impact in the civic tech space.
- Build partnerships with local government agencies and learn how the government works (or why it doesn’t work!), including identifying meaningful points of collaboration for Code for Pakistan to improve public service delivery and securing high-level buy-in from the government for our program and projects..
- Be an active member of the global Code for All network, contributing learnings and best practices to the global community and applying learnings from the global community to Pakistan’s unique context as applicable.
- Apply our product development process and Fellowship curriculum to guide projects forward.
- Along the way, you’ll learn highly desirable skills in community organization, leadership, entrepreneurship, and the application of technology towards solving important civic problems.
- Strong communication skills: Able to meet with government, private sector, non-profit, and community leaderships — and make a good pitch.
- Self-directed: Able to make decisions on your own, to proactively drive programs forward.
- Self-motivated: You set your own targets and follow up with others to ensure their targets are met.
- Solid organization skills: You create processes and document *everything*.
- Impact-driven: You have a strong desire and passion to make an impact in Pakistani society.
- Doer: You get things done and have consistently proven so. You’re an entrepreneurial startup kind of person who can wear multiple hats.
- Leader: You can shape organizational processes, manage and motivate volunteers, Fellows and staff and create accountability.
- Tech savvy: You have a demonstrated interest and experience in the application of technology for solving real-world problems, though you don’t need to be technical yourself.
- Proactive and focused: You’re the kind of person who, once you say you will do something, you will do it on time and well – and no one needs to follow up to remind you.
- Creativity: People remember your ideas because of their uniqueness.
Experience and Qualification
- Undergraduate or higher degree in a relevant field (management, humanities, social sciences or other related fields).
- 5+ years of experience of delivering stellar coordination, management, and delivery of programs.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing teams.
- Experience working with and building relationships with government agencies and donors.
- Exposure to and understanding of design thinking, innovation, product development, metrics, and creative cultures is a plus!
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset.
- Community engagement or volunteering experience.
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com by the 20th of July, 2022
- A cover letter that explains your interest in the role and your ideas for furthering Code for Pakistan
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Please note that a cover letter and resume must be included for your application to be considered