The Department of Health and Directorate General Drugs reached out to the KP Government Innovation Fellowship Program team with a requirement of digitizing and automating the process of issuing licenses to drug stores and pharmacies in KP. Previously there was no centralized online system where drug store owners could apply online, which could save their time and money and expedite the process on the department’s end. Similarly, the Health Department also faced issues in tracking duplicate and fake licenses resulting in illegal pharmacies operating throughout the province.
After analyzing and understanding the requirements and needs of the Health Department the Fellowship team created a fully centralized online platform to digitize the process for license application, renewal and verification for pharmacies in KP Province.
With this new online platform:
- Users can easily apply for new licenses, or renew existing licenses
- Already issued licenses can be verified for authenticity
- The department could check duplicate and fake licenses
- Users can track the progress of obtaining a license
This digital solution will work towards transforming the entire process of pharmaceutical license application, renewal and verification.
The system will help bring transformation in the following areas:
- It will enable the department to streamline their record keeping and improve oversight for detecting discrepancies and other shortcomings in the license issuing processes
- It will improve the speed of issuing licenses
- It will enable performance tracking of inspectors
- It will lead to citizen facilitation