This is a high energy role to lead CfP's Community function. The ideal candidate is an organized DOER – brilliant, confident, and a passionate leader who is uncompromising in his or her pursuit of building a world-class engaged community that will positively contribute to the lives of Pakistanis every day.
At a strategic level, two key outcomes must be achieved:
- Expand the volunteer community network and utilize members effectively and efficiently to achieve CfP's mission.
- Ensure a rich experience and value for members with meaningful interactions, thereby achieving CfP's goal of community engagement.
As Community Organizer, you will:
- Establish and implement strategies, policies, and processes for online and in-person community management, increased community membership, participation, and user retention. Establish best practices across the organization and implement infrastructure to support those policies and processes.
- Facilitate discussions and conversations to encourage meaningful interactions within the community.
- Identify and collaborate with influential members of the community to create advocates and ambassadors.
- Encourage and facilitate user-generated content and activities to foster a sense of ownership and belonging within the community.
- Monitor and track community metrics, such as engagement levels, sentiment, and user feedback, to gain insights and optimize community initiatives.
- Prepare regular reports on community health and growth to share with relevant stakeholders.Provide excellent customer support by addressing community members' issues and questions promptly and courteously, ensuring a high level of satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Identify and address potential issues or conflicts within the community to maintain a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Escalate complex or critical issues to appropriate teams within the organization.
- Work closely with the Programs, Technology, and Communications teams to align community initiatives with broader company goals and strategies.
- Gather and communicate valuable feedback from the community to relevant internal teams to improve products, services, and overall customer experience.
- Make CfP's community an effective feeder source into our programs. Expand, profile, and reposit volunteer resources who may be engaged or hired for specific projects.
- Maintain records of volunteers' bio data, performance, and activities.
- Develop and maintain community playbook and volunteer handbook.
- Ensure that all communities are facilitated, populated, and energized through constant and consistent enrichment through interesting content, speakers, events, and community participation.
- Plan, manage, execute, and measure impact of community engagement events, such as civic hackathons, hack days, and capacity building workshops.
- Organise venues and refreshments for volunteer activities.
- Collaborate with our Communications team to write correspondences, newsletter content, and notices for volunteers. Together, make the community credible, compelling, and highly respected, thus adding prestige to the CfP brand.
- Undertake thought leadership activities such as writing concept notes for effective community engagement strategies.
- Prepare an annual budget for community projects to be fed into CfP budget. Monitor budget on an ongoing basis.
- Provide mechanisms for learning and growth for volunteers.
- Source from exiting members opportunities for improvement.
- Make wise decisions about retaining, reviving, or shutting down inactive communities and developing new ones.
- Excellent, high energy, group facilitation skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills that include cultural and political sensitivity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of leading and generating community engagement.
- Experience of working and collaborating with stakeholders, such as governments, development partners, civil society, academia, and industry.
- Participation in a national network of technologists and social sector professionals to increase outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team towards tasks and objectives.
- Basic understanding of sustainable social programs as well as of civic tech.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- General understanding of open source and civic technology.